King Athelstan School Updates
Summer Term 2022:
As we enter the summer term and the final relaxation of the remaining COVID-19 restrictions, we wanted to inform you of the local and national guidance that we will be following in school:
- Children and adults who are unwell should stay at home until well enough to return to school. In particular, those with a high temperature must not attend school.
- If someone is experiencing mild symptoms such as a runny nose, sore throat or slight cough, they can attend school if otherwise well.
- Any children who have a positive COVID-19 result will be asked to stay at home for at least 3 days after the day they took the test - for adults, 5 days is expected. After this they can return to school when well enough, provided they do not have a high temperature.
- School will continue to promote good hygiene and ventilation to reduce transmission.
- We encourage anyone eligible to have the COVID-19 vaccination and boosters to take up this offer. This has now been extended to children aged 5+. If you wish to book a vaccination or would like more information you may find the following links helpful:
- Kingston Vaccination webpages for details of local vaccination clinics and pop ups:https://www.kingston.gov.uk/vaccine
- South West London CCG vaccination webpages for details of vaccination clinics and pop ups in South West London: https://swlondonccg.nhs.uk/covid/
- SWL COVID-19 vaccination advice line: 0203 880 0338for anyone who is hesitant about having COVID-19 vaccination or would like further information on COVID-19 vaccination.
Please see previous school updates here: