Thinker's Project Homework
The Thinker’s Project homework scheme has been running since 2016 and some fantastic work has been produced during this time. For those of you new to Years 1-6, and anybody who needs a refresher, here is a brief summary:
- The Thinker's Project was created to encourage children to widen their thinking around their termly topic and to give them the opportunity to express their learning in different contexts
- It is an optional homework. At King Athelstan we understand the difficulties that homework can cause and do not want the Thinker’s Project work to be a burden to the family. You are encouraged to complete two pieces of Thinker’s Project homework per term if possible
- You can choose any task/s from the provided grid for each year group
- Work can be presented in a variety of ways. We have had video and audio clips in the past, as well as items on paper and 3d models
- Each piece of work will receive recognition from the class teacher or a senior member of staff
The “Thinker’s Project” Exhibition is held at the end of every term and it is an opportunity to celebrate the amazing work that has been completed across the term. At least one piece of completed “Thinker’s Project” work from every child will be on show at the exhibition.